Preparatory Workshop for Patent Agent Exam
Building your Knack to Crack the Patent Agent Exam
Now that Intellectual Property Office (IPO) of Govt. of India has
notified 27th November, 2016 as the date of the Patent Agent
Examination, 2016, it is imperative for aspiring Patent Agent to look
out for preparatory courses which can help them in clearing the exam.
Since, there is no substitute to self-learning, APTDC of CII in
association with Dr. Feroz Ali & LexCampus is launching a one day
Self-Preparatory Training Workshop as part of complete SelfPreparatory
course, specially designed for the participants who want
to achieve the level of knowledge and skills needed to clear the Patent
This self-preparatory course is the first one of its kind which requires
the aspirant to go through a free foundational course (Foundations of
Patent Law) online before attending the one day workshop. These
online videos help the participants to understand the fundamentals of
patent law, to know the requirements of patentability, to learn how to
read patent specifications, to analyze patent office procedures and
court cases and to develop the basic understanding for drafting a
patent. It introduces the foundations of patent law and helps in
understanding the domain of patent law better and in preparing for the
Patent Agent Examination. The introductory course covers the
syllabus of Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the Patent Agent Examination. The
course is available at :
Why you should attend
- Hand-on training on Navigating the Act and Rules.
- Session on Patent Drafting includes exercises on drafting of title, abstract and claims.
- Session on Solving Problems in Patent Law will cover the 2013 Question Paper.
- Training by the best experts in the field of IPR.
- Each session will end with Q&A for clearing doubts.
- LexCampus will offer email support to queries.
- Certification from Confederation of Indian Industry and LexCampus.
- Session-1: Learning Patent Law Through Concepts
- Session-2: Understanding the Patents Act and Rules
- Session-3: Patent Prosecution: Procedure, Forms and Fees
- Session-4: Solving Problems from the 2013 Question Paper
- Session-5: Principles of Patent Drafting
- Session-6: Exercises in Patent Drafting: Title, Abstract and
Dr. Feroz Ali is the MHRD IPR Chair Professor at IIT Madras
and the Founder of LexCampus. He is also a practicing lawyer
specializing in contentious patent proceedings and has
represented clients from different industry sectors before the
High Court, Intellectual Property Appellate Board and the Patent
Office. He holds a Master’s Degree in International Law from
Trinity College, University of Cambridge and a Doctorate Degree
in Patent Law from Duke University, United States. He has
authored three books on Patent Law.
Date & Venue:
26 October, 2016: Hyderabad
1 November, 2016: Chennai
3 November, 2016: Bangalore
15 November, 2016: Mumbai
Pre-requisite for Attending the Workshop
Participants are required to go through all the online
tutorials/videos before attending the one-day workshop. Videos
are freely available at www.lexcampus.co.in and at the
LexCampus YouTube Channel.
Rs.8, 000/- inclusive of 15% taxes per participant.
Only 30 (first come first serve basis)
For Any Queries, Pl. Contact:
Shailendra Kumar | E: email@example.com | M: +91-81065 85839
Venkata Kiran Kumar MP | E: firstname.lastname@example.org |
M: +91-99894 98874
Mohamed Mustafa| E: email@example.com | M: +91 9500164184
Registration Form- Workshop On Patent Agent Examination